The City provides its residents and businesses with a full range of municipal services relating to public safety (police and fire), public works, parks and recreation, development, and administrative services. The city only accepts applications for open positions. Current openings are advertised here, and on the Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Wayzata. .
- Assistant Manager
- Host and Food Runner Positions (Part-Time)
- Paid-On-Call Firefighter
How to Apply
- Each job opening has a link to the appropriate application form for that job. Please use this form when applying for a particular position.
- Resumes may be included with the application materials but will not be accepted in lieu of a completed city application form. Be sure to provide all the requested information.
- Applications are only accepted for current job openings.
- Original signatures on applications are required. Applications should be mailed, delivered to city hall, or faxed. The address and fax numbers are:
City of Wayzata
600 Rice Street East
Wayzata, Minnesota 55391
Interview & Examinations
- Each application is carefully reviewed and a decision made as to who will be interviewed for the job opening. All applicants are notified of the status of their application.
- In addition to interviews, certain positions may require career assessments, physical examination, credit checks, credential verification, and/or skills, knowledge and ability testing.
- Finalists agree to drug testing, a police background check, and driver’s license record check.
- Regular, full-time and part-time appointments are subject to successful completion of an established probationary period.
- The city will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, and marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or membership or activity in a local commission.