Volunteering is a grand tradition in Wayzata. In 2009, when budget reductions led to painful cuts in staff and services, the City Council asked volunteers to step forward and help fill some gaps. The current program is a cooperative venture between the City of Wayzata and its citizens, organizations and businesses.
In May 2016, Wayzata Volunteer Coordinator Lynn McCarthy delivered an annual report to the Wayzata City Council on the efforts of the volunteers. Read the update...
When volunteering, you get the opportunity to:
- Develop new skills
- Enhance your resume
- Feel good about giving back to the community
- Meet new people
- Share your talents
Please join us in helping our City and building community spirit. There are many volunteer opportunities to fit flexible schedules. Use the Volunteer Form to express your interest or provide comments about our program or send an email to the program coordinators. The following volunteer initiatives are available:
- Merrily Borg Babcock, Big Woods Initiative Chair
- Pat Broyles, Dig It and Pull It Chair
- Jan Himan, Adopt-A-Garden Chair
- Deeby Kadrie, City Hall / Public Works Administration Initiative Chair
- Lynn McCarthy, Wayzata Volunteer Coordinator and Senior Initiative Chair
- Joel Papa, At Large and Volunteer Event Photographer