The City of Wayzata is now accepting employment applications for a City Clerk position in the Administration Department.
Wayzata is a premier suburb located 11 miles west of downtown Minneapolis. With a population of 4,500 people, Wayzata is a tight-knit community which is known for its vibrant downtown and picturesque setting on Lake Minnetonka. A popular destination for visitors, Wayzata’s downtown is home to a number of specialty shops, boutiques, professional services, and restaurants. Wayzata’s business districts and residential neighborhoods provide a significant tax base for this unique small town community.
The City Clerk performs moderate to complex responsibilities of the City Clerk under the direction of the City Manager. Position is responsible for all statutory functions and legal requirements of the Office of City Clerk; serves as Clerk to the City Council; responsible for state and local elections, municipal licensing, records management, public notices, and serves as the City's Data Practices Responsible Authority; and develops and maintains positive relationships with staff, council, citizens and other groups.
- Minimum five (5) years of City Clerk or Deputy City Clerk experience or comparable local government experience
- Minnesota Municipal Clerks Certification or the ability to acquire within three (3) years of employment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Knowledge of principles and practices of local government
- Valid Driver License
- Must pass a criminal background examination
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, public administration, or a related field and five years of increasingly responsible experience in local government. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered for this position.
- Knowledge of records management and MN data practices
- Knowledge and experience in the public elections process
For complete information on the position, please see the attached job description. The 2018 salary range is $64,629.01 to 79,330.48, depending on qualifications and with excellent benefits.
Completed applications are due by Wednesday, July 25, 2018 no later than 4:00 pm. All submissions require a cover letter, resume, and city application. Direct correspondence to: City of Wayzata, Human Resources, 600 Rice Street East, Wayzata, MN 55391 or firstname.lastname@example.org.