Wayzata's Volunteer Fire Department is an old organization. It dates back to its founding in 1912 when it became a member of the Minnesota Fire Department's Association.
The Wayzata Fire Department was reorganized in 1922 as a private corporation. The City of Wayzata took the Fire Department in as a Department of the City in 1963. Names such as W.H. (Fuzz) Swaggert, W.T. Berry, Earl W. Day, and many others helped build our department, its constitution, and by-laws.
Location & Equipment
We have been located in the same building the City built for the Fire Department since 1966. Our fleet has grown from 3 pumpers, a rescue truck and a small boat in 1964 to today's fleet of 1 ladder truck, 2 engine trucks, 1 rescue truck, 1 tanker, 2 boats (1 small and 1 large), a mini pumper, pick up, and an SUV.