Processing & Photos
Wayzata Motor Vehicle Department offers passport application processing (appointment preferred). Passport photos do not need an appointment.
Passport processing applications will be accepted between the hours of 7:00 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and Friday from 7:00 to 10:30 a.m. Please plan to budget enough time for passport processing.
Please complete the paperwork in black ink only prior to coming to the Wayzata Motor Vehicle office.
Wayzata Motor Vehicle Department only processes applications if:
- You are a first time applicant
- You are a minor
- Your previous passport was issued when you were under age 16
- Your previous passport was lost, stolen or damaged
- Your name has changed since your passport was issued, and you are unable to legally document your name change
- Your passport was issued more than 15 years ago
We do not process adult renewals. Many renewals can be done by mail. Please visit the links on the left for directions and more information on applying for and renewing passports.
Service Times Information
- Routine service can take 7 to 10 weeks from the day an application is submitted at an acceptance facility or renewed through the mail to the day a new passport is received by the customer.
- Expedited service (for an additional $60) can take 3 to 5 weeks from the day an application is submitted at an acceptance facility or renewed through the mail to the day a new passport is received by the customer.
- Customers who have a life-or-death emergency or urgent travel within 3 business days should visit travel.state.gov for more information
*Processing times begin the day we receive your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply. Mailing times may add several weeks on to the door-to-door time it takes to receive your passport.