Processing & Photos
Wayzata Motor Vehicle Department offers passport application processing by appointment only. Passport photos do not need an appointment. To schedule an appointment, please signup at Wayzata Motor Vehicle.
Passport processing applications will be accepted between the hours of 8:00 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and Friday from 8:00 to 10:30 a.m. Please plan to budget enough time for passport processing. Passport processing can last 30 minutes if you have 1 or 2 passports and an hour for 3 or more passports.
Please complete the paperwork in black ink only prior to coming to the Wayzata Motor Vehicle office.
Wayzata Motor Vehicle Department only processes applications if:
- You are a first time applicant
- You are a minor
- Your previous passport was issued when you were under age 16
- Your previous passport was lost, stolen or damaged
- Your name has changed since your passport was issued, and you are unable to legally document your name change
- Your passport was issued more than 15 years ago
We do not process adult renewals. Many renewals can be done by mail. Please visit the links on the left for directions and more information on applying for and renewing passports.
Service Times Information
- Routine service can take up to 18 weeks from the day an application is submitted at an acceptance facility or renewed through the mail to the day a new passport is received by the customer.
- Expedited service (for an additional $60) can take up to 12 weeks from the day an application is submitted at an acceptance facility or renewed through the mail to the day a new passport is received by the customer.
- Customers who have a life-or-death emergency or urgent travel within 3 business days should visit travel.state.gov for more information