Night to Unite
Night to Unite Information for 2021
Night to Unite Luncheon
Neighborhoods across Wayzata have been gathering to celebrate Night to Unite for more than 40 years. Wayzata’s Night to Unite kicks off at 11:30 a.m. on the first Tuesday in August (August 3rd, 2021) with the annual Night to Unite Luncheon at the Wayzata Country Club. This is a joint luncheon with the Wayzata Crime Prevention Coalition, the Wayzata Chamber of Commerce and the Wayzata Rotary. Wayzata Police Chief Marc Schultz will provide an inside look at the department and highlight some of the most significant, and sometimes "bizarre," cases investigated within the past year.
The Jim Fish Award for Crime Prevention will be presented by the Wayzata Crime Prevention Coalition. The public is invited. Tickets for the luncheon will be available to purchase through the Wayzata Chamber of Commerce website in July.
Visit & Chat with McGruff & Local Officials
Later in the day from about 5:15 to 8:30 p.m., Wayzata Police, Fire, City staff, elected officials, and McGruff (Crime Coalition Mascot) will visit neighborhood parties throughout Wayzata and Long Lake. Along with the police cars and fire trucks, there will be trinkets for kids and a crime prevention message at each stop. This is always a great time to ask questions of elected officials, police officers, firefighters, and city staff. It’s also a great way to get out, meet and visit with your neighbors.
Become a Host
Interested in hosting a gathering in your neighborhood? Fill out our online registration form by July 16, 2021 to register your Night to Unite Block Party. Contact Wayzata Police at 952-404-5340 with questions.
Poll your neighbors to gauge their interest in having a Night to Unite Block Party. Then, have a planning meeting to discuss how the following will be completed:
- Invitations / flyer
- Menu and paper products - potluck, bring your own, or collect money from neighbors to purchase food and supplies
- Designate time and location of the block party - street, local park or neighbor’s yard
- Activities & Games - plan activities & games for kids and adults
- Ask for donations from area businesses for door prizes
- Sign up neighbors to set up their portable grills
- Have someone bring a portable stereo for music
- Name tags are very helpful, especially for visitors
- Take lots of pictures (Tag and Share on Facebook with "@WayzataPD")
- Enjoy the party and before it ends, appoint next year’s organizers or committee