2017-2020 Strategic Planning
Visioning the Future
The Strategic Plan 2017 to 2020 will be an internal action plan for the City of Wayzata. It will establish a vision for our future, provide clear direction for reaching our goals and establish priorities and measurable targets that the City can budget around and track. This is the third version of the strategic plan, building off of the goals and priorities that were established in 2012.
The Strategic Plan will help us to:
- Involve the community in directing our future and making strategic decisions
- Provide clear guidance for established City goals
- Focus our efforts over a 5-year period
- Continually assess City services/operations and address deficiencies
- Establish priorities for City services, operations, departments, and projects
- Guide tough decisions related to City resources and finances
- Integrate our budgeting decisions with new financial tools and established goals
The Strategic Plan includes further details on the specific objectives, strategies and guiding principles, which determine how we will evaluate our success over the next four years. This plan was built off of the strategic plan that was drafted in 2012 and was informed by the City Council and City staff, as well as Boards and Commissions staff.
The following five guiding strategic objectives are the foundation for our Strategic Plan. These strategic objectives underpin all of our programs.
- Wayzata has a strong financial foundation.
- Wayzata offers efficient and effective operations.
- Wayzata provides thoughtful growth.
- Wayzata is an active and healthy community.
- Wayzata celebrates an engaged community.