Light Up the Lake
Wayzata Fire Department Coloring Contest Entry Form
Enter the Light Up the Lake Coloring Contest! Kids 13 and under are encouraged to submit the coloring sheet for their chance to win. See contest rules for prize details. Deadline to enter is Friday, November 15, 2019. Only one entry per person allowed. Contest winners will be notified in advance. Winners will be asked to be present at the Light Up the Lake Celebration. Winners will be announced on November 29, 2019 at the tree lighting ceremony at the Light Up the Lake Celebration at the Wayzata Depot. Coloring contest entry forms are available at Wayzata City Hall, Wayzata Chamber, Wayzata Library, and Wayzata Bar & Grill.
- Kids ages 13 and under can enter the coloring contest.
- Three age groups will be judged: 1-4 years old; 5-9 years old; and 10-13 years old.
- First place of 1-4 year and 5-9 year age groups will receive a tour of the fire station and a t-shirt from the Wayzata Fire Department.
- First place in the 10-13 year age group will get a ride in a fire truck and receive a t-shirt from the Wayzata Fire Department.
- Winners will be announced on November 29, 2019 at the tree lighting ceremony at the Light Up the Lake Celebration at the Wayzata Depot.
- Entries may be displayed at public location with personnel information detached.
- Only one entry per person allowed.
- Contest winners will be notified in advance. Winners will be asked to be present at the Light Up the Lake Celebration.
- Deadline to enter is Friday, November 15, 2019.
Send entries to:
Light Up the Lake Coloring Contest
c/o Wayzata Fire Department
600 Rice Street East
Wayzata, MN 55391
Toys for Tots Collection
The Wayzata Police Department is working with Toys for Tots to spread Christmas joy to needy children by accepting toy donations. The Police Department collects toys, books and other gifts to fill their squad cars to donate to the Toys for Tots campaign. Wayzata Police Department's annual collection will kick off at the Light Up the Lake tree lighting ceremony at the Depot where you can drop off new unwrapped toy donations for kids and teens on November 29. After November 29, you can drop off toy donations at the Wayzata Police Department and Wayzata City Hall.
After the last collection day, police from as many as 20 departments load their cruisers with donated gifts and meet at the Golden Valley Police Department. Then, lights blazing and sirens blaring, they parade to the KARE 11 Toys for Tots drop-off site in time for the 5 p.m. newscast. The deadline for the Wayzata Police Toys for Tots collection is December 11.