Panoway - A Public Private Partnership
Panoway on Wayzata Bay is the City’s initiative to improve, restore and enhance the areas along the shore of Lake Minnetonka in the City of Wayzata, making it safer, more ecologically friendly, and improving access to and along the shore.
Recognizing that the funding to support the scale and quality envisioned by the community goes beyond the likely sources of Public Funds available, the City recognizes the need to facilitate public fundraising and collaborate in the Wayzata Conservancy’s efforts to raise private funds for the project through a Public Private Partnership (PPP).
The Wayzata Conservancy is a A 501 (c3) non-profit whose mission is to support the implementation of Panoway by undertaking efforts to raise private funds, advocate for the support and long-term success of the project, and collaborate with the City. Specifically the Conservancy's role is to:
- Provide fundraising expertise and capacity and serve as the primary liaison to the philanthropic community
- Coordinate and lead the pursuit of Private Funding and support the City as appropriate in securing Public Funding
- Advocate for the project’s long-term success through stakeholder communication, awareness, project coordination, and championing Panoway in the community
- Abide by the highest legal and ethical standards for non-profit tax exempt organizations
- Manage and disperse all gifts, grants and contributions in accordance with its tax exempt status and mission
- Seek the appropriate approvals and abide by the direction of the Wayzata City Council
The City and Conservancy welcome and work with with additional partners approved by the City to advance the project’s mission, including both public and private agencies such as Three Rivers Park District and the YMCA
Click here to learn more about this Public Private Partnership.