Wayzata is taking the COVID-19 pandemic extremely seriously and is proactively working to minimize public health risk. Wayzata’s Emergency Management Team is planning and partnering with public safety officials and supporting agencies to protect our community.
Below is a summary of changes to City operations (Updated 9/21/2020):
All City facilities are open to the public but with limitations on occupancy, masks required, and social distancing enforced.
We encourage everyone to conduct business by phone, email (preferred) or through the website.
In response to COVID-19, some City services have changed. For information on how you can continue to access City services and staff remotely visit Virtual City Hall.
The following services have been temporarily suspended or postponed:
- Administration - Meeting space at any City facility for use by non-City of Wayzata groups.
- Community Development Department – Rental inspections.
- Police Department – Civil fingerprinting, ride-alongs, Police Department tours, car seat checks (call local hospitals for assistance).
Virtual Public Meetings
During this time, all public meetings will be conducted virtually on the platform Zoom. Click here to learn more about how you can view and participate in these public meetings virtually.
Programs, Events and Meetings
The following events are canceled:
- October 6 - Night to Unite
- October - Public Safety Day
Additional changes and cancellations may be added as they are determined.
COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
Click here to review the latest version of the City's Preparedness Plan.