Wayzata is taking the COVID-19 pandemic extremely seriously and is proactively working to minimize public health risk. Wayzata’s Emergency Management Team is planning and partnering with public safety officials and supporting agencies to protect our community.
While the City is making many changes to its operations, essential services including public safety and water and sewer utilities, will continue.
Below is a summary of changes to City operations (Updated 06/01/2020):
Most City facilities are closed to the public. The following facilities will reopen June 2, 2020:
- Wayzata City Hall
- Fire Station
- Wayzata DMV
The following facilities are open with limitations:
- Wayzata Bar & Grill – Closed to dine-in only. OPEN for pick up orders from 11 a.m - 7 p.m daily. Click here to order. Patio seating with reservations will open June 1, 11 a.m. - 8 p.m (last seating reservation is at 7 p.m.).
- Wayzata Wine & Spirits remains open with a limit of 10 people in the store at one time. Hours of operations are Mon. - Thurs. 9:30 a.m. - 9 p.m., Fri. - Sat. 9 a.m - 10 p.m., Sun. 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
All employees that are able to work remotely are doing so. Therefore we encourage everyone to conduct business by phone, email (preferred) or through the website.
In response to COVID-19, some City services have changed. For information on how you can continue to access City services and staff remotely visit Virtual City Hall.
The following services have been temporarily suspended or postponed:
- Administration - Meeting space at any City facility for use by non-City of Wayzata groups.
- Bar & Grill – Dine-in operations are suspended.
- Community Development Department – Rental inspections.
- Motor Vehicle - Operations resume June 2, 2020.
- Police Department – Civil fingerprinting, ride-alongs, Police Department tours, car seat checks (call local hospitals for assistance).
- Public Works - Work orders are suspended. Most public contact limited to emergency situations only.
Virtual Public Meetings
The following public meetings are proposed to be conducted virtually. Click here to learn more about how you can view and participate in these public meetings virtually.
- June 1 - Planning Commission Meeting
- June 2 – City Council Meeting
- June 15 – Planning Commission Meeting
- June 16 - City Council Meeting
- June 17 - Parks & Trails Board Meeting
- June 23 - Energy & environment Committee
- June 25 - Housing & Redevelopment Authority (HRA)
Programs, Events and Meetings
The following public meetings are canceled or postponed:
- June 1 – Planning Commission Meeting
The following events are canceled or postponed:
- July 4 - Flying Pancake Breakfast - Canceled
- July 4 - Kiddie parade - Canceled
- Music in the Park 2020 - Canceled
- Music by the Lake 2020 - Canceled
- April 18 – Panoway Kickoff Celebration - Canceled
- March 18 – State of the City Address – Postponed
Additional changes and cancellations may be added as they are determined.
Help our Wayzata downtown businesses by taking a brief survey regarding your shopping experiences and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Read on...
Wayzata Beach has reopened to swimming beginning August 27 Read on...
Read the latest issue of the Portal Newsletter. Read on...