Virtual Public Meetings
Pursuant to Minnesota Statute 13D.015 and until further notice, the Wayzata City Council, Planning Commission, and Housing and Redevelopment Authority meetings will be held by electronic means using the cloud-based audio and video conferencing platform Zoom. All other City meetings in April are canceled at this time.
Scheduled as Remote Meeting, Public May Call-In and Watch Live:
- City Council –June 1 and 15
- Planning Commission – June 2 (canceled) and 16
- Housing and Redevelopment Authority – June 25
Please watch the meeting either on Channel 8, WCTV, or through the City’s website at www.wayzata.org/wctv.
How to Provide Public Comments
Public comments may be submitted in any of the ways listed below. Members of the public are encouraged to provide comments via email before the meeting. This will help staff, Council Members, and Commissioners review the comments thoroughly, without any potential technological issues or complications.
- Email PublicComment@wayzata.org with a comment on a specific agenda item. Please indicate the item in the subject line of your email, and send it in at least two hours before the meeting.
- Mail comments to Wayzata City Hall at 600 Rice Street E Wayzata, MN 55391. Please post your mail at least three days before the meeting.
- Call staff with comments. Contact information for each department can be found at: www.wayzata.org/VirtualCityHall. Please call at least three hours before the meeting.
- Call in comments during the public hearing or comment portion of the meeting.
- Call the phone number listed on the meeting agenda for each meeting followed by # (pound). It will ask for a participant number. Just press # (pound).
- When you join the call, you will receive notice that your line muted. This is to reduce background noise from individual lines.
- During the public hearing, staff will announce that the public hearing is open and anyone that would like to comment should press *9 on their phone. This will allow staff to see who would like to comment.
- When the public hearing is opened and it is your turn to speak, staff will call on you by the last four digits of your phone number and will unmute your line so you can speak.
- When you are done speaking, please hang up so the line is free for others to join and comment. You may call in again if you wish to comment on another item.
- You can continue watching the public meeting at Channel 8, WCTV, or through the website at www.wayzata.org/wctv.