200 Lake St E - Mixed Use Development (formerly TCF)
The below information is regarding a prior application for this property. The applicant is working on a new plan and is hosting a neighborhood meeting to discuss potential concepts on Wednesday, October 4 at 5:15 at City Hall. A flyer is attached below.
Developer Lake West has submitted a new application to redevelop the property at 200 Lake St E, also known as the former TCF Bank building. The proposed project would include a single mixed-use building with 30 residential units, 28,240 sq. ft. of ground-floor commercial space, and underground parking.
The developer has submitted previous applications that were reviewed and denied by the Planning Commission and City Council. For more information on prior applications, visit the Agenda Center to view prior public materials in Planning Commission and/or City Council packets. The most recent application was considered in April of 2022.
The City Council denied the application at their June 20 meeting.
The applicant is requesting:
City Review Dates
- Monday, April 24, 5:15-6:30pm - Neighborhood Meeting
- Monday, May 1, 6:30pm – Planning Commission public hearing
- The Planning Commission recommended an overall denial of the project.
- Monday, May 15, 6:30pm – Planning Commission consent agenda
- Tuesday, June 6, 7:00pm – City Council (at this meeting, 3 of 5 Council Members will be present - it is anticipated that the Council will table the presentation and action to the June 20 meeting)
- Tuesday, June 20, 7:00 pm - City Council (presentation and action anticipated to take place on June 20 due to low Council Member attendance at the June 6 meeting)
- The Council voted 5-0 to deny the project.
City Contact for Questions
- 200 Lake St E Neighborhood Meeting Postcard - October 2023
- 200 Lake St E - Application Narrative
- 200 Lake St E - Supplemental Letter
- 200 Lake St E - April 13, 2023 Supplemental Narrative
- 200 Lake St E - Reduced Size Plan Set (14MB)
- 200 Lake St E - Full Size Plan Set (96MB)
- Neighborhood Meeting Invitation - April 24, 2023