- 520, 524, 530, and 534 Rice Street East
On June 15, 2021, the Wayzata City Council adopted a resolution denying the requests for a PUD Amendment and Variances to the R-4 and R-5 standards for the Rice Street Townhomes.
The applicant has submitted a new development application for the Rice Street Townhomes that includes a PUD Amendment (PUD) request for four total townhome units in two separate buildings. A Planned Unit Development (PUD) and Development Agreement was approved for these properties in 2006. The applicant proposes to construct the buildings in a similar manner as the approved plans with modifications. For these modifications, the following development application requests were applied for:
- PUD Amendment to modify:
- Staggering of unit heights for 530 and 534 Rice Street
- Increasing size of rooftop enclosures to include elevators
- Window designs and exterior building materials
A neighborhood meeting is planned to be held on August 5, 2021, at 5:00 pm at Post Office Park to discuss the proposed project. An invitation is linked below.
City Review Dates
- The City Review process was completed and the proposal was approved in 2021.
Construction commenced in early 2022.