900 Wayzata Blvd E - Wells Fargo
A letter from the owner, Mithun Enterprises, describing the plan for construction, is linked below. A building permit is anticipated to be issued mid-June 2023. Mobilization of safety fencing began occurring on June 12, 2023.
Project Description - April 2023 Design Deviation Requests
The project originally approved in 2022, described below, has not significantly changed and is still projected to start construction in 2023. The approval process for this multi-parcel, mixed-use redevelopment of the Wells Fargo site was structured to continue to give the developer some design flexibility over the course of an extended demolition and build-out process. However, this flexibility does not extend to new requests to deviate from the City's Design Standards, where City Council approval is required.
The applicant is requesting four deviations from the Design Standards in order to place mechanical ventilation and air handling equipment on the rooftops of the proposed bank and office buildings. The Design Standards generally push new buildings on Wayzata Boulevard to place such systems on the ground or inside of the building instead. Both buildings have the same requests:
- Request to deviate from 3' x 3' footprint limitation for rooftop mechanical equipment
- Request to deviate from 3' height limitation for rooftop mechanical equipment
Project materials are below.
Project Description - Original Approvals
North Parcel (bank)
- Rezone from C-1 to C-3
- Conditional Use Permit for drive-through
- Design Standards Deviation for reduced glazing on one wall
East Parcel (office)
- Variance for side yard setback due to shared underground parking
- Conditional Use Permit for off-site parking
West Parcel (residential)
City Review Dates - April 2023 Design Deviation Requests
- Planning Commission Public Hearing - Monday, April 17, 2023 at 6:30 p.m.
- The Planning Commission recommended approval of the application.
- Planning Commission Consent Agenda - Monday, May 1, 2023 at 6:30 p.m.
- City Council - May 16, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. (Council approved the application)
City Review Dates - Original Approvals
- Neighborhood Meeting held by applicant - Thursday, April 21 from 5 to 6 p.m. at City Hall.
- Planning Commission Public Hearing - Monday, June 20 at 6:30 p.m.
- Received initial approval (4-2 vote)
- Planning Commission Consent Agenda - Monday, July 6 at 6:30 p.m.
- City Council - Tuesday, July 19 at 7:00 p.m.
- Received Council approval (4-1 vote)
Documents - April 2023 Design Deviation Requests
Documents - Original Approvals
- 900 Wayzata Blvd - Narrative
- 900 Wayzata Blvd - Sitewide Plans
- 900 Wayzata Blvd - Civil Plans
- 900 Wayzata Blvd - Residential Floor Plans
- 900 Wayzata Blvd - Residential Elevations
- 900 Wayzata Blvd - North Residential Elevation with Height from Grade
- 900 Wayzata Blvd - Office and Bank Plans
- 900 Wayzata Blvd - Facade Articulation Diagram
- 900 Wayzata Blvd - Traffic Analysis Memo
- 900 Wayzata Blvd - Geotechnical Report
- 900 Wayzata Blvd - Lighting Plan
- 900 Wayzata Blvd - Open Space Diagrams
- 900 Wayzata Blvd Wells Fargo Community Meeting Flyer
City Contact for Questions
Valerie Quarles, Assistant Planner, can be reached at 952-404-5323 or email@example.com. Staff reports and supporting documents will be available in the Agenda Center of the City website prior to each meeting. Submission materials for this application will be updated on this page when finalized.