1030 Lake St E
1030 Lake St E
Developer and owner Black Dog Homes has submitted a proposal to subdivide the property at 1030 Lake St E into three lots for single family homes. The western home would be built by Black Dog Homes after subdivision approval, and the other two would be custom designed for future owners. The existing home and garage would be demolished.
The development project includes the following requests:
- Preliminary plat
- Final plat
City Review Dates
- Planning Commission (public hearing) - Monday, January 23, 2023 at 6:30 p.m.
- The Planning Commission recommended denial of the project.
- Planning Commission (consent agenda) - Monday, February 6, 2023 at 6:30 p.m.
- The Planning Commission approved the Report and Recommendation of Denial.
- City Council - Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
- The City Council voted to consider approval of the subdivision (4-0, 1 abstaining), rejecting the recommendation of the Planning Commission. They will vote on an amended resolution of approval at their March 21 meeting.
- Since the resolution prepared for the March 7 meeting was one of denial, a new resolution must be prepared for the Council to formally approve the project.
- City Council - Tuesday, March 21, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
- The City Council was unable to take action on the application as a majority of members did not vote in favor or against the application, due to one absence, one recusal, and a split vote. 3 Councilmembers must vote the same way for a decision to be made.
- City Council - Tuesday, April 4, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
- The City Council voted to table the application until their next meeting.
- City Council - Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
- The Council denied the application.
City Contact for Questions
Valerie Quarles, Assistant Planner, can be reached at 952-404-5323. Staff reports and supporting documents will be available in the Agenda Center of the City website prior to each meeting. Project documents may continue to be updated before the initial public hearing.
Public comments are encouraged! You may drop off a written comment at City Hall or email email@example.com.