- Planning Projects
- Development Projects
- Proposed Development Projects
- 565 Ferndale Rd W - Ferndale Bluffs
565 Ferndale Rd W - Ferndale Bluffs
565 Ferndale Road West
A development application to subdivide the property at 565 Ferndale Road West into four single-family parcels is in review by City staff and consultants.
This application has not been deemed complete and is not on the Planning Commission schedule.
Typically, development applications are added to the Projects section of the City's website when they are deemed complete and added to the schedule. However, this application is part of a longer review process than usual as it is subject to an Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW) due to a state provision regarding the square footage of docks. Updates regarding the EAW process will be on this page when available in order to keep the community informed.
Environmental Assessment Worksheet - Timeline
- December - January: Consultant WSB gathers data and drafts worksheet document.
- January: City staff review draft worksheet.
- Late January: The worksheet is submitted to the MN Environmental Quality Board (EQB).
- February 6: The EQB publishes the worksheet in their newsletter for a 30-day public comment period, which will last all of February. This is the first time for the neighborhood to officially voice their views.
- The worksheet is also linked at the bottom of this page. Preliminary site plans are included.
- The comment period was open from February 6 to March 9.
- March/early April: With the initial public comment period over, the EQB provides a decision document to the City.
- April 18: The City Council reviews the decision document and makes a determination regarding whether the project will require an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
- The City Council voted to not require an EIS at their April 18 meeting.
- Spring/Summer: With the EAW decision complete, the applicant may make additional changes to the application based on those results. When those are finalized, the application is deemed complete and makes its way through the regular Planning Commission and City Council public hearing process. This usually takes about a month.
- At this time, the application is deemed complete and all materials are available to the public to view online.
- During this time, there is a second public comment period in which comments can be sent to the City at email@example.com. These comments will be part of the packet presented to the Planning Commission and Council.
Environmental Assessment Worksheet - Topics
An EAW covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Land use and geology
- Water resource analysis
- Potential contamination
- Fish and wildlife
- Historic and cultural resources
- Air quality
City Contact for Questions
Valerie Quarles, Assistant Planner, can be reached at 952-404-5323 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff reports and supporting documents will be available in the Agenda Center of the City website prior to each meeting.
Public comments are encouraged! You can email email@example.com, mail a printed comment to City Hall (600 Rice St E, Wayzata) or call 952-404-532 and your comment will be included in the packet.