Records & Reports Requests

How can I get a background check done on myself?

Wayzata Police can do a local record check (Wayzata Police records only) and provide you with a written document containing the results of the search. Cost is $10 and the document is certified.

If you need a FULL criminal background check, you will need to contact the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA)

1430 Maryland Avenue E
St. Paul, MN 55106
Phone: 651-793-2400

How can I obtain a copy of a Police Report?

If you were involved in an incident or are requesting a public report, you will need to fill out the Request for Access to Data form (PDF).

If you are a lawyer representing a party involved in an incident, your request should be made on your letterhead and a release form signed by your client should be attached.

If you are an insurance company representing an involved party, your request should be made on your letterhead, should clearly identify who your insured party is, and should contain a signed release.

All requests can be either emailed to Wayzata Police Department, faxed to 952-404-5359, mailed, or dropped off at the Wayzata Police Department. Once the request form is received, we will process your request as soon as reasonably possible. The report will be released in compliance with Minnesota Data Practices Laws. If you have any questions, please contact police records at 952-404-5340.

How can I obtain my Minnesota driving record?

The State of Minnesota can provide a copy of your driving record. Contact the main Division of Vehicle Services in St. Paul at 651-296-6911 for more information.

The Wayzata Motor Vehicle Office is unable to provide driving records.

Where can I get a Minnesota State Accident Reporting form?

If you were in an accident where someone was injured or there was more than $1,000 worth of damage to the vehicles, you will need to fill out the form. You can pick up the form at any police department or download the form from the Department of Public Safety Website. The completed form gets mailed to the Department of Public Safety (address on the back of form).

Questions? Call the Police Records Specialist at 952-404-5340.